Monday 31 October 2011

Celtic Torc Bangle

Celtic Torc Bangle
I've now reached the age when all around me seem to be retiring.  I look around with envy at those who can afford to go on cruises or exotic holidays while they're still fit enough to do it.  ...   Well, maybe I really don't want to go skidiving or bungee jumping nowadays, LOL.

The really nice thing, though, about folks retiring is that they sometimes surprise me and decide to buy a good piece of jewellery to commemorate the occasion.  That happened recently when a friend ordered a magnificent Celtic Torc Bangle.  Looking at the piece again with its lovely Celtic finials and with 4-strands of silver wound together into the bangle, I realised again just how substantial a piece of jewellery this is.  Knowing her partner, I also know that this is the ideal gift for him because it looks very masculine, isn't too fancy, and exudes the quality I know that he will appreciate.  I'm so looking forward to hearing the comments from him :).

The torc is made in Scotland, hallmarked in Edinburgh and is supplied with a lovely presentation box.  

No comments: